Friday, March 6, 2009

Solo is the new thing

Yay for Friday! Congratulations to me, today is my 1 month anniversary of being a Hoosier. Yes folks, that's right, I have been in Marion, IN for 4 weeks....dont get all excited! Today was stressful, a patient HAD to be seen at 415 per my boss, and I leave at 430, thanks a lot for that, got out at 5pm instead...bullshit!

The up side to it is it's been in the high 60s yesterday and today, and 70s tomorrow!! Of course the 40s will return next week, tease!

So I went to the movies tonight again alone, the first time caused me some anxiety, once again, caring what others thought of me for 5 minutes, " look at the girl all by herself." Well folks, I found out today, going to the movies solo isnt that big a deal! Out of the 16 people in the movie, 4 of us were alone...we could have started our own little solo movie goer group. I have made friends at work, dont get me wrong, but sometimes it's fun to do things alone, I didnt do it as much in Maine, but figure, since Im doing this travel bit for a while, Im going to have to just do things alone, not even thinking twice about it. 

Im really psyched about the recent weather, seeing that "back east" it's still wintah with temps in the 30s and 40s. But, Im bummed because it's gorgeous tonight, and all I want to do is be out on a deck of a bar overlooking the water like in Portland!! Not so much here in Marion. Oh well. 

I hope y'all (if anyone reads this thing) are just dandy!

Dont forget to turn the clocks forward...boo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole :)

    I did grad school in Indiana (Valparaiso), so I know exactly what that state is like! How long are you there?

    John Anderson (Massachusetts)

    ReplyDelete