Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's been a while...

Most of you know I didn't fall off the face of the earth as it has been a while since I have written on here....sorry about that. 

I am at this place I've been meaning to check out for a while now, a Christian bookstore called "Tree of Life." It's pretty similar to most bookstores, but with really fun coffee and other drinks. There's this one that tastes just like a Milky Way, yum! Calorie count? Dont want to know haha. 
I tried the Almond and coffee frappe, it tastes pretty good. 

I've been bad since I have been here, totally got off the Twilight kick so I still have books 3 and 4 to read, that's what I hope to get accomplished today, but you know with my ADD that I have to check the computer from time to time.  I love to people watch too, and I usually do that at Starbucks which is just down the street but there are way more options of coffee at a cheaper price here, and a different group of people. Some guy next to me is working on a paper, the way the seating is set up he probably thinks I am staring at him, because it's kind of L-shaped, but I had to sit here to plug in, and I'm in the corner so I get to see all the views! Indiana Wesleyn University is right down the road so I'm sure this is a hangout to get away from campus, I would have come here all the time if it was me. 

Whoa, I just took a big sip, tastes a bit like Frangelico, which is great on the rocks! (Right Steph!?)

Work was busy last week and then slowed down again, it's always a rollercoaster here, I either have 15 people or 4. Friday was really slow, and unfortunately out of my 4 people, 2 weren't appropriate to be seen. People are very friendly at work, and I get along well with everyone, I almost know all the RN and PCA's names on each unit I work on. Everyone wants me to stay another 3 months, which makes me feel good that I am making a good impression, but I am not being challenged at this job, I feel at times that it is just a paycheck. I feel robotic some days, just screening and treating the patients to the best of my ability. I want to be challenged, and that is partly why I became a traveler, but on the other hand, I am scared to leap into an unfamiliar setting. If I was a new permanent employee somewhere, it would be different because the facility would take time to orient me and provide mentorship. But being a traveler, since I'm only in one place for 3 months, people dont want to spend 3-4 weeks mentoring a temporary employee. So, it's tough.

I am almost through 2 of my 3 months here in Marion, it has come by faster than I thought it would. Now, I am pressured to figure out where to next. That is something I need to do today, read my options and see what is the best fit.  

I am anticipating the start of thunderstorms here sometime soon. I went running outside today with 40mph winds.....not so smart since I am out of shape as it is! We might get snow tomorrow, but nothing to brag about, just a dusting, if that...but still...come on Mother Nature, I think thats enough!

I think I'll go see either Duplicity or Monsters vs Aliens tonight....Im not usually one to jump at Pixar movies but I'm in the mood for that today. 

Hope all is well with everyone, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment