Thursday, February 26, 2009

My finger's bleeding

So tomorrow is the end of my 3rd week at Marion General Hospital. I feel like I have been here longer though. It's going alright, it's definitely slower than MMC, but that was to be expected seeing how it's a smaller hospital. I am on every floor except for the birthing unit. This week has been a whirlwind at work because the rehab director is an ADD fool.  It's been low census all week and some of last week so he was sending people home early at first, of course, I am guaranteed 40 hours so I never go home. This week, he calls everyone on Monday night except me, to tell them that I will be the only OT for the hospital and the rehab facility. Now, for those of you who know what's involved in acute rehab, the patients have 90 minutes of OT each. Lets do the math, I work an 8 hour day, there are 3 patients needing 90 minutes a piece, plus 6 people upstairs, plus all the documentation for all of those patients PLUS family meetings on those 3 patients with the rest of the team, oh yeh and 30 minutes for lunch would be nice....NOT COOL. Needless to say, Ive been starting at 7 instead of 8, which isnt so bad. 

The PT student's last day is tomorrow and we're getting pizza, and I decided to make scotcheroos, except I scorched the first batch of choc/butterscotch chips, 10 minutes after I returned to the grocery store. So, off I went to get another batch...grr! OH WAIT, it gets better.....I sliced my finger on the knife cleaning it, and it wouldnt stop bleeding! 

It's been in the 50s and 60s here but tonight is supposed to get cold and rain, and last week when it did that, I slid through a stop sign going about 10mph because it was like an ice rink, so I pray to God tomorrow morning at 650 isnt like that!


No comments:

Post a Comment